Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Into The Garbage Chute, Flyboy!

Another day. Another blog entry. Another shout out to Star Wars.  

A New Hope, Empire and Jedi are, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite trilogy of all time.  IMHO, how those movies were before the "enhancements" were made were sheer perfection.  I grew up on those movies and saw every single one in the theater with my dear ol' Dad.  

Without the ORIGINAL Star Wars trilogy I would not have had the bonding time with my father.  I would not know that HAN SHOT FIRST!  I would not have known that girls can be feminine and vulnerable and still be tough a nails and kick major ass!  I would not have been so shocked by the "Luke, I am your father" revelation that kids, nowadays, aren't as impacted by.  I would not have run through the woods being my neighborhood for hours with my friends pretending that we were on Endor or spent days in the back yard, after a Nor'easter, convinced that we're were on the ice planet Hoth.  

I like to remember how Star Wars was and I embrace the fact that I'm "that guy".  


No comments:

Post a Comment