Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Just Felt Like Running

Running is an activity that has completely changed my life in every conceivable way.  Initially, it was something that I started to do because it was a way to become a healthier version of myself without joining a gym. Also, it was a great excuse to get out of the house and spend time alone with my thoughts when times were incredibly tumultuous for me.  All I needed to do was throw on some comfy workout clothes, tie up my running shoes, fire up my iPod and head outside.  Those 30-60 minutes every couple of days saved my sanity!

Besides my life saving "freedom runs" I've been fortunate enough to participate in quite a few running events and lucky enough to run alongside some of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  From my first 5K at Disney to my most recent Drenched run near DC every single race has been something that I cherish and I've taken something amazing away from each experience.  Now on to today's shirt!

A couple of months ago I spent the weekend in Philly with my sister from another Mr as well as some friends old and new!  We ate amazing foods, drank delicious brews, experienced the eclectic neighborhoods in Philly and even ran the Color Me Rad 5K.  It was pure insanity and I loved every second of it!  Trust me when I say that you have not lived until you've danced under a thick cloud of dyed cornstarch.   Unlike my 40th birthday run which was about beating my time and proving that I am just getting better with age, this race was all about the fun!  It was about letting go, getting dirty & having a blast with friends while becoming a tie dyed version of yourself.  


2 comments:

  1. It is still one my favorite fun runs of them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! That's was entirely too much fun!

      Delete