Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Words cannot describe how much I freakin' love football!  I know, that kind of sets this particular blog entry up to fail.  Doesn't it?

Anyhoo, I grew up in a house where the only two teams you were allowed to root for were the NY Football Giants or the Miami Dolphins.  Why Miami?  I haven't the foggiest!  My best guess is that it's because my Father has always been a fan of the Sunshine State.  Regardless, football season is a magical time of year for me.  There's something magical that happens the moment I park my car in a stadium parking lot.  My heart starts to flutter, I grin like I don't know any better and and I feel butterflies in my stomach.  The excitement and energy that surrounds you from that moment you set foot onto the asphalt is intoxicating.  There's just so much to take in!  There are many sounds, smells and the people watching is amazing!

Now I'm not a stadium snob, because I truly enjoy watching games at home surrounded by family and friends.  Here, again, we have more smells, sounds and, generally, a whole lotta trash talking.  What's not to love?

Football season also tends to be time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes!  Today I had my first of what I'm certain will be many for the season and I was heaving in my mouth.  I cannot wait to have another tomorrow.  I mean I have to.  This gal is an addict!

OH!  I'm so sorry that I cheated by not wearing my newest Giants T selfie style.  Truth be told, I'm a hot mess tonight and chose to "self edit my life:,  I'd hate for you to see me all mussed up after a long-ass, miserable work day!

 

       

4 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I'm most excited about the return of the pumpkin spice latte? #addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If loving a PSL is wrong then I don't wanna be right!

      Delete
  2. Ha, I KNEW you were a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete