Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard

For 18 loooooonnnnnngggggg months I lived on the surface of the sun...I mean in Austin, Texas.  I know how everyone and their brother seems to think that ATX is the most kick ass place in the universe to live, but boy do I have news for you.  It really wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.  The traffic was a fucking nightmare, every time I went outside it felt like I was roasting in an oven and many of the inhabitants were poser douche bags who acted like they were rock stars or just too damned cool for school.

That said, there were a few pluses.  The Alamo Draft House is the greatest place to see a movie, Central Market is the biggest baddest most amazeballs grocery store ever built, Camino Real on Spicewood Springs Rd. has the tastiest breakfast burrito that I have ever put in my mouth and then there's Amy's Ice Cream.  Amy's has what I believe to be the richest, creamiest, most decadent, creative and flavorful ice cream in the Milky Way Galaxy!  If you're ever in Austin (or San Antonio) please do yourself a flavor (hardy har har) and grab a cone of the Mexican Vanilla, Guinness or All Thai'ed Up.  You.  Are.  Welcome.


4 comments:

  1. This post just made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until I get a Hotto Potto shirt and wear it for this blog. BOOM! I blew your mind. Didn't I?

      Delete
  2. Did I get you that shirt when I went there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUPPERS! The Amy's shirt that I got myself will be featured at another time. WHOOPS! I forgot to add SPOILER ALERT!

      Delete